“My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer and I have my mind…and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone if it is to keep its edge. That’s why I read so much Jon Snow.”
Big Eyes (2014) - Tim Burton
This is where it’s come to, huh? You are the only living soul I can tell my secret too, I painted every single one of them. Every Big Eye, Me. And no one will ever know but you.
My ears hear what others cannot hear; small faraway things people cannot normally see are visible to me. These senses are the fruits of a lifetime of longing, longing to be rescued, to be completed. Just as the skirt needs the wind to billow, I’m not formed by things that are of myself alone. I wear my father’s belt tied around my mother’s blouse, and shoes which are from my uncle. This is me. Just as a flower does not choose its color, we are not responsible for what we have come to be. Only once you realize this do you become free, and to become adult is to become free.
this is sort of late, so let’s pray it works anyway
- mbf me (I was lydiamartiv)
- reblog this
- check out my september botm and runner ups (x x x) if you like
- rad url, icon, simple theme
- some form of tagging system would be gr9
- friendly person
- hella rad multifandom or fandom posts
- +follow if not already
- promo when announced
- spot in my updates tab for the month
- promos on request (runner ups: 4 promos on request)
- my friendship, if you even want that
- reblog until september 28
- winners announced october 1
- there will be up to three runner ups if this gets enough notes
there is no such thing as magic!
Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we’ll avenge it!
Audrey Hepburn photographed by Bud Fraker for Funny Face (1957) (via)